I was truly honored to be given this award by a fellow blogger. I was humbled when five of my foodie friends all choose to give me the Sunshine award in the same week.
The Sunshine Award is an award given by bloggers to other bloggers. The recipients of the Sunshine Award are: "Bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogoshere." The way the award works is this: Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them. Answer 10 questions about yourself. Select 10 of your favorite bloggers, link their blogs to your post and let them know they have been awarded the Sunshine Award! Don't forget to copy and paste the award on your blog!
I wanted to thank the ladies who gave me this award by sharing something from their blog, something drool worthy, something that will make you want to go check them out. And something that won't bore the non-blogging reader. After all you come here for the food! So let's keep some food in this post!
Love Bakes Good Cakes-Jamie is fairly new to blogging but what she brings to the table is family friendly. It better be, she's a mom to 5 and home schools them all. I'll bet this cake didn't last long at her house!
Snickerdoodle Cake from Love Bakes Good Cakes
Carrie's Experimental Kitchen-Carrie is always so healthy and inventive with her dishes. You can probably find 30 different ways to make chicken on her blog and each one is full a flavor and easy to make. She's got 2 girls that approve her recipes so I know if Carrie posts it, my kids will probably eat it too. Oh, and did I mention, Carrie has a cookbook coming out soon?
Red Wine Poached Pears from Carrie's Experimental Kitchen
Lisa's Dinnertime Dish-Lisa offers up everything from cream puffs to chicken wraps to BBQ ribs that look like the meat is just falling off the bone (this post was even written by her husband.) She makes every dish look effortless and she always looks so put together.
Chocolaty Goodness, Choco-Hoto-Pots from Lisa's Dinnertime Dish
Hershey's Cocoa Cake from the Fountain Avenue Kitchen
Recipes for my Boys-Debi is just the sweetest person you'll ever meet. Like me she shares what she serves up for her family, hubby Ted and her 3 boys. I know when she posts something I'll probably have the ingredients in my cabinet already. I'm lucky enough to get to co-host Thursday's Treasures with her every week.
Chocolate Souffle Cookies from Recipes for my BoysYoung Grasshopper The Messy Baker
I didn't even realize when I started picking out favorites from each of these ladies that each one was a sweet, but hey, that's the way I lean.
Now for the questions.
1. Favorite Color-green, I love all shades, from lime to evergreen
2. Favorite Animal--of course, my cute baby Isabella, she was a rescue dog, pees on the carpet, will run off if you leave the door open and sleeps between my hubby and me every night.
3. Favorite Number-24
4. Favorite Drink-alcoholic-Kahlua and Cream, I'm a light weight and with the cream in the drink, I've never had a hangover from it. Non-alcoholic-my morning coffee, can't start the day without it and either hubby or the kids will bring me my first cup in bed, everyday. Yes I'm spoiled!
5.Facebook or Twitter-Facebook, I'd love to do twitter but I've never figured it out. Anyone offering to tutor me?
6. Good Book or Good Movie-Book! If there's a movie made from a book, I always make sure I've read the book first. Please movies are always so expensive these days.
7. My Passion-my family
8. Giving or Getting Presents-always giving, I love to see the smile on someone's face when they get a present or a baked goodie, just because.
9. Favorite Day of the year-the second day of vacation. We're there, we've rested and it's time to enjoy!
10. Favorite Flowers-anything my children pick for me even if it's just dandelions.
I'm passing this award on to:
Chocolate Moosey Fifteen Spatulas
I know I was only supposed to pick 10 but really, I could have picked 50, and there are at least fifty that are worthy of this award and then some. But this cute little face is telling me it's time to go out, and who could say no to that?